I have over 25 years’ experience of successfully building organisations and social innovations, as well as developing fundraising, campaigning and communication strategies to drive change. I am also an experienced consultant and coach, and can offer services in a number of areas:
- Organisational strategy and development – does your organisation lack strategic direction and need help to get back on track? I can help you to review and drive things forward – whether it’s via a quick planning meeting, writing your development plan or providing ongoing strategic support to your organisation. Example – Schumacher UK strategy review
- Fundraising, campaigning and communications strategy – do you need to build your organisation’s influence, engage more people or raise more funds? I can offer both strategic and creative input, helping you build and implement successful fundraising, campaigning and communications plans, as I have done for a wide range of organisations – from CND to Epilepsy Action. Example – Humanists UK fundraising and communications plan. More examples at www.changestar.co.uk.
- Creative direction, innovation and training – do you need someone to help you build more effective communications, develop ideas for a new project or train your team to do this? I can help you innovate and get things done, having led creative development in fundrasing and communication agencies and built innovative solutions to social problems, including national organisations like Life Squared. Example 1 – Albion in the Community regular giving scheme Example 2 – Rethink creative training
- Applying big picture thinking – I can help you transform your work by applying insights from my writing and research on people, politics, society and ideas. For example, using insights from psychology to help you seek behaviour change more effectively, or inspiring innovation by helping your team to stand back and gain perspective on their lives and work. Example – Remain campaign – learning lessons from Brexit
- Applying academic research – I can help academics and universities to apply their research in psychology to the real world, to help it achieve greater impact, improve lives and change society. I can also make academic insights accessible to wider audiences – from organisations to the general public – by helping you produce clear, engaging content through a range of media – from publications to podcasts. ‘Psychology for Good’ service
- Writing & content development – do you need clear, insightful writing, on any topic? I have many years’ experience of producing a wide range of content, including books, advice publications and podcasts – and I can produce these for you too. Example – Living Well guide for Humanists UK
- Making work better – could your organisation be a better place to work? Or driven more by its values? I can help you transform your organisation into a force for good – from helping it review and live its values through to improving its culture and HR policies to make them more people-focussed. Through Life Squared, I have helped many thousands of people to gain better, more enlightened lives and I can help your organisation too.
I want to deliver my services in a way that enables you to get the best out of them, so I’m very happy to explore different ways of doing this if you’d like to – from traditional meetings and reports through to collaborative working, walking meetings and campfire conversations.
Contact me now to discuss your needs and how I can help.
“Richard came in to support the SMT as I (the CEO) started my return to work following maternity leave. He quickly absorbed all the information and knowledge about the business and worked with the team to help diagnose where things were not performing as well as they could and why. Together, we worked out a strategy for improving it. Richard was considered and respectful all the way through. He offers a unique combination of really being able to listen, meet people where they are at with great business acumen. He leads without ego and is an excellent executive coach. I would recommend Richard without hesitation.” Esther Foreman, CEO, Social Change Agency