I have over 25 years’ experience of successfully building organisations and social innovations, as well as developing fundraising, campaigning and communication strategies to drive change. I am also an experienced consultant and coach, and can offer services in a number of areas:
- Applying big picture thinking – I can help you transform your work by applying insights from my writing and research on people, politics, society and ideas. From helping you raise funds or seek behaviour change more effectively, through to giving talks to inspire your teams. Example – Remain campaign – learning lessons from Brexit
- Applying academic research – I can help academics and universities to apply their research in psychology to the real world, to help it achieve greater impact, improve lives and change society. I can also make academic insights accessible to wider audiences – from organisations to the general public by developing clear, engaging content through a range of media – from publications to podcasts. For more details see this outline of ‘Psychology for Good‘
- Organisational development – does your organisation lack strategic direction and need help to get it back on track? I can help you to review and drive things forward – whether it’s via a quick planning meeting, writing your development plan or providing ongoing strategic support to your organisation. Example – Schumacher UK organisational review
- Fundraising, campaigning and communications – do you need to build your organisation’s influence, raise awareness or engage more support? I can offer both creative and strategic input, and help you build successful fundraising, campaigning and communications plans, as I have done for a wide range of organisations – from CND to Epilepsy Action. Example – Humanists UK fundraising and communications plan
- Creative direction, innovation and training – do you need someone to help you build more effective communications, develop ideas for a new project or train your team to do all this? I can help you innovate and get things done, having led creative development in fundrasing and communication agencies and built innovative solutions to social problems, including national organisations like Life Squared. Example 1 – Ad Brake Example 2 – Rethink Mental Illness creative training
- Writing & content development – do you need clear, insightful writing, on any topic? I have many years’ experience of producing a wide range of content, including books, advice publications and podcasts – and you can commission me to produce these for you too. Example – Living Well guide
- Coaching – I provide sensitive, insightful coaching to people at all stages in their lives and careers, both in the workplace and in a personal capacity, to help you stand back from daily life and think more clearly about any issue – from your career to your personal priorities in life. I’ve helped multi-millionaires who’ve sold their businesses to find their direction again, and helped more junior contacts review their direction and build their skills… Example – Life and work coaching for Peter
- Making work better – could your organisation be more enlightened? A better place to work? Driven more by its values? In addition to offering traditional strategic consultancy, I can help you transform your organisation into a force for good – from reviewing its values through to improving its HR policies. Through Life Squared, I have helped many thousands of people to gain better, more enlightened lives in the modern world and I can help your organisation too.
I take care to deliver my services in a way that enables the client to get the best out of them – so we might do a one-to-one coaching session on a walk in the country, or I might run a workshop with your team around a campfire – whatever helps you get the best results!
Contact me now to discuss your needs and how I can help.